Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Pleated Chevron Bags with Trim

I am so excited to show you some new variations of my pleated chevron bags. I used various trims to make the front of the bag more decorative. For one version, I used navy bias tape. gray and white chevron with navy trim

For a second version, I used yellow ric rac.

  cross body pleated chevron bag

These bags still have all the features of the original bag, including a 44” long strap that allows the bag to be worn cross-body and fall comfortably at hip level.
hip length pleated purse

yellow and gray chevron pleated bag

The interiors of the bags with yellow ric rac trim have one pocket, a 5” x 6” pocket.

IMG_0327

The interior of the bags with navy trim have two pockets. One is a single pocket, 5” x 6”, and the other is a double pocket, divided into a 2” x 5” and a 4” x 5” pocket.
IMG_0335

Bags all close with a magnetic snap. The bag is 12” tall and 13 1/2” wide at the widest point.

yellow and gray pleated chevron bag

The cost of a bag is $38 plus $6 for shipping costs (US shipping only). If you would like to purchase one of these bags, please email me at monkeyseemail@gmail.com. I made a few as custom orders for friends and have a small surplus to sell.

chevron purse (22)

After you email me, I will send you a PayPal invoice and I can accept your payment in that form.
chevron purse (19)


Places I have linked:
Or So She Says, Train to Crazy, Tater tots & Jello,  Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, Reasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of Hepworths, Someday Crafts, Southern Lovely, 504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the Fridge, I heart NapTime, Classy Clutter, A Glimpse Inside, Somewhat Simple, Gingerly Made, Serenity Now, Today's Creative Blog, The Winthrop Chronicles, Home Stories A to Z, CraftyScrappyHappy


gray and white chevron pleated bag with yellow interior

15 comments:

  1. Very cute bag! Love the chevrons and the colors. The pleats make it even more special :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow ric rac version in case are keeping track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE! I love the colors you chose, and the pleats just totally make it! I popped over from Project Inspire{d}--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! It is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric choices! I'd love if you'd like up to The DIY'ers: http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-diyers-and-some-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!! And you are adorable modeling it too :)

    Kristin
    Www.exploringdomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I especially love the ric rac on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice, roomy bag. Lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bag, it looks just the right size too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the chevron! Who doesn't need a cute bag like this?! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday. I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable!! You've got major sewing skills!

    - Chaney

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!