Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chevron Pleated Bag. (My new favorite thing.)

One of the most popular posts on my blog has been a trio of bags I made for a friends’ wedding (as bridesmaid-type gifts). I didn’t make the pattern or anything, it’s from a book, but they had turned out really well. So I cut out a few more. And I may be keeping this one for myself.

gray and yellow chevron pleated bag (12)

I love yellow and gray together. (I’ve made lots of yellow and gray projects. Bag, zippered pouch, crocheted hat, a fleece hat…)

gray and yellow chevron pleated bag (9)

And the weight of this bag is great. It is interfaced with fusible interfacing and then I also interfaced the lining with felt. That was a suggestion I received from a reader! Thanks! I love how it gives it more body.

gray and yellow chevron pleated bag (5)

It has a magnetic snap and an interior pocket.

gray and yellow chevron pleated bag (13)

I’ve been making these bags as custom orders. Most recently, I sold this red one (pictured below) to a friend with a matching business card holder.
IMG_9480



So, shameless plug for myself: I do custom orders, contact me via email at monkeyseemail@gmail.com if you’re interested!



Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the Fridge, I heart NapTime, Classy Clutter, A Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity Now

31 comments:

  1. love that fabric combo. gray and yellow is a favourite of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bag! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove the bag. Gray, white, yellow--fabulous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chevron and pleats - two of my favorite things. I love the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors, and great job on construction, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love his bag! I absolutely love Chevron and you did a great job! I would love for you to share on Blog Stalking Thursday! http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable! Love the chevron :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!

    I'd love for you to join me at my Blog Hop! :)

    http://www.pluckys-secondthought.com/pluckys-blog-hop/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the pleats on the bag. And I just bought some of that chevron fabric in teal last week! So lovely.

    Thanks for the peek ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute bag! Love the fabric. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super cute bag!

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cute! I love it:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it!! I host a DIY link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-diyers-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors, the style, and the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it the style and shape are so cute. Pinning Now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this bag, it is super cute! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great bag design. I love the effect you get when pleating the chevron. That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love your mix of colors and the chevron. You are super talented!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute bag! I love the gray and white!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-20.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday over at www.SugarBeeCrafts.com - you were featured today!TWICE
    --Mandy, Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful bag! I wish I could sew bags like that. I'd be thrilled if you'd link up at this week's Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the gray and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really really like this bag! Love the chevron and the pleats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is awesome!! Love the color! I'm featuring you tonight on MMM. BTW, I love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What book did you get the pattern from? Your bag is great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael! It is from One Yard wonders (the one that was published in 2009, not the newer one about different fabrics.)

      Delete
  26. What book did this pattern come from? VERY nice.

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!