Monday, February 18, 2013

Bunny Applique Shirt

I know we are not all that close to Easter. However, my littlest boy will have a sweet little Easter-theme shirt to wear around this spring. I got this adorable bunny applique pattern from Make it Perfect. The blog’s author has a book and a whole line of patterns. I have not worked much with appliques, but this turned out to be fun.

This was a refashioning project; this yellow polo shirt is on its way to be handed down to our younger son but it had grape juice stains I’ve never been able to remove. I saved it in my refashion stash and hadn't come up with the perfect refashioning project. Until I remembered my Pinterest board called “To Make for Boys”. And the yellow polo shirt just needed a well-placed Easter bunny applique.

Here’s the bunny without any stitching. I cut it out using both woven and knit scraps. I put wonder under on each of the pieces and fused them to each other and then to the shirt. After that, I did the stitching on my machine with a narrow and short zig-zag. boys' shirt with bunny applique (3)

And then I did the hand embroidery. (While watching Alias on Netflix. We’re into that show now since we *finally* finished LOST.) 
boys' shirt with bunny applique (12)

But I really love how it turned out. I am afraid our older son will be sad he can’t wear it anymore because his comfort item, or lovey, whatever you want to call it, is a bunny. bunny shirt (1)

Yay for using up some fabric scraps and working on reducing my pile of clothing to repurpose!

Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTimeClassy Clutter HoneyBear Lane


Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!