Pages

▼

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Small Sewing Projects

I’ve been doing some small projects before we have our new arrival next month.

This was a quick bath toy organization project. I added some ribbons to the sides of a large mesh laundry bag and hung it from suction cups. I almost bought a special bath toy organization bag but decided to save some money. (This solution only cost about $4.)
bath toy organization1


One was replacing the bias trim on one of my boys’ laundry baskets. Exciting. It did save about $6, as I was going to buy a new one before deciding to fix it.
laundry basket bias trim

I think it looks a ton better than it did with plain white trim. I do love making (printed) homemade bias trim!

I made the baby a swaddle sheet (just like these from a few months ago). This cloud fabric was on clearance at Hobby Lobby.
baby boy swaddle sheet

I got out these blankets I’ve made in the past. I’d made these during each of my pregnancies with the boys. Obviously, they’ve never been used (keep in mind we have never ‘found out’ the gender of our babies until they’ve arrived…so I always sewed a bit for both possibilities.) The girl things have been accumulating over the past four years.

baby girl blankets

So far, I’ve made this headband and shoes in case this baby is a little girl. I’ve crocheted a few hats, too, but haven’t shared them yet. Mostly because I haven’t decided which to keep and which to sell or gift to friends.


Places I have linked:
Or So She Says, Train to Crazy, Tater tots & Jello,  Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, Reasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of Hepworths, Someday Crafts, Southern Lovely, 504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the Fridge, I heart NapTime, Classy Clutter, A Glimpse Inside, Somewhat Simple, Gingerly Made, Serenity Now, Today's Creative Blog, The Winthrop Chronicles, Home Stories A to Z, CraftyScrappyHappy

1 comment:

  1. Fab ideas as always - what a good idea for the bath toys, our's seem to grow triffid like :-) Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!