Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Swaddle Blankets.

swaddle blanket (1)

I can’t walk past the flannel aisle at JoAnn fabric without wanting to buy various cuts of the prints. The flannel was on sale a few weeks ago so I decided to buy some to make some blankets to donate with my church to the local hospital. In the past, I have made some hats but now we’re donating both blankets and hats.


swaddle blanket (7)

Since we’re heading toward summer (finally!!), I made these blankets just one layer, hemming the edges to prevent fraying. I used this simple tutorial and just turned the edges under twice, pressed, pinned a few times, and sewed.

  swaddle blanket (4)

They were very quick and easy. And mine are probably not perfectly straight, but they aren't too far off.

swaddle blanket (5)

As I was finishing them last week, I found this tutorial as well; it uses hair clips instead of pins to hold the hem to sew it. Great idea!

swaddle blanket (9)

Anyway, now I need to make some hats to donate with the blankets.

4 comments:

  1. I can't walk into Joann's without buying a cut of fabric either! Much to my husband's dismay :) Those blankets are super cute!

    Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute - and what a wonderful gift for the hospital.

    Thank you so much for linking up at the Friday Baby Shower - look forward to seeing you at this week's party, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used that same building material to make a blanket for a friend just a few months ago. I loved it and wished I had bought more!! Yours turned out super cute too :o) I'm a new G+ follower! :o)
    Emily @ Nap-Time Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most valuable and fantastic blog I really appreciate your work which you have done about the Romper,many thanks and keep it up.
    Romper

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!