Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Pleated Chevron Bags with Trim

I am so excited to show you some new variations of my pleated chevron bags. I used various trims to make the front of the bag more decorative. For one version, I used navy bias tape. gray and white chevron with navy trim

For a second version, I used yellow ric rac.

  cross body pleated chevron bag

These bags still have all the features of the original bag, including a 44” long strap that allows the bag to be worn cross-body and fall comfortably at hip level.
hip length pleated purse

yellow and gray chevron pleated bag

The interiors of the bags with yellow ric rac trim have one pocket, a 5” x 6” pocket.

IMG_0327

The interior of the bags with navy trim have two pockets. One is a single pocket, 5” x 6”, and the other is a double pocket, divided into a 2” x 5” and a 4” x 5” pocket.
IMG_0335

Bags all close with a magnetic snap. The bag is 12” tall and 13 1/2” wide at the widest point.

yellow and gray pleated chevron bag

The cost of a bag is $38 plus $6 for shipping costs (US shipping only). If you would like to purchase one of these bags, please email me at monkeyseemail@gmail.com. I made a few as custom orders for friends and have a small surplus to sell.

chevron purse (22)

After you email me, I will send you a PayPal invoice and I can accept your payment in that form.
chevron purse (19)


Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTime, Classy ClutterA Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity NowToday's Creative BlogThe Winthrop ChroniclesHome Stories A to ZCraftyScrappyHappy


gray and white chevron pleated bag with yellow interior

13 comments:

  1. Very cute bag! Love the chevrons and the colors. The pleats make it even more special :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow ric rac version in case are keeping track. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How CUTE! I love the colors you chose, and the pleats just totally make it! I popped over from Project Inspire{d}--thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! It is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric choices! I'd love if you'd like up to The DIY'ers: http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-diyers-and-some-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!! And you are adorable modeling it too :)

    Kristin
    Www.exploringdomesticity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I especially love the ric rac on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice, roomy bag. Lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bag, it looks just the right size too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Just love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the chevron! Who doesn't need a cute bag like this?! I would love it if you would come and link this up at my link party
    Dandelion Wishes Wednesday. I'm also pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable!! You've got major sewing skills!

    - Chaney

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!