Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Coffee Smoothie Recipe

coffee smoothie (12)

Coffee. I look forward to drinking it in the morning.

We grind our own coffee. Because of this, if we have leftover coffee in the mornings, I don’t usually want to throw it out. So I started saving it by freezing it in ice cube trays and then putting the frozen ice cubes into freezer bags.
This morning, I experimented with this recipe for a coffee smoothie.
8-10 ice cubes of brewed coffee
1 cup milk
8 oz plain yogurt
1 heaping teaspoon cocoa powder
1 banana, peeled
pinch of sugar
Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. You could use vanilla yogurt instead of plain yogurt.

Please note, I drink my coffee black. If you typically add sugar to your coffee, you should make this smoothie with more than a pinch of sugar. 


Places I have linked:
Or So She Says, Train to Crazy, Tater tots & Jello,  Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, Reasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of Hepworths, Someday Crafts, Southern Lovely, 504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the Fridge, I heart NapTime, Classy Clutter, A Glimpse Inside, Somewhat Simple, Gingerly Made, Serenity Now, Today's Creative Blog, The Winthrop Chronicles, Home Stories A to Z, CraftyScrappyHappy

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love iced coffee, so I'm pretty sure I'll be trying this smoothie! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smoothies and coffee! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you on Live Laugh Rowe link up. Yum!! This sounds great! I am definitely going to give this a try. Following via G+
    ~Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!