Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Gardening, Sunglasses, Flowers, and Sewing.

Here's what I've been doing all summer. Not sewing as much, but I've been GARDENING. 

How have we never grown sunflowers before this summer? They are amazing. And so simple to grow. In fact, my four year old planted some on accident around the garden. 


And here's the garden. Beans, squash, more beans, a little lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, kale, more beans, tomatoes, and basil. Oh, and marigolds and sunflowers. 
We've been picking beans since mid-July! 


My dad grows flowers, too. Dahlias and snapdragons. They make beautiful cut flowers. 



I painted this a few summers ago. Never looked good until we got the mantle up. 

And I bought a $3 pair of sunglasses I love at....GYMBOREE. Love that store. 

Today I bought the Lane Raglan pattern (from Hey June patterns). I love raglan shirts and I tried and tried to draft my own. I did come up with a self-drafted dress that has raglan sleeves, but it's a touch see-through. (I need a good slip.) I bought the raglan pattern so I could make myself hooded raglan shirts, too. They're having a sale for Labor Day. Normally I don't buy patterns, but since it was a sale...ok. I have some shirts I purchased from the thrift store to repurpose. Can't wait to get started! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!