A few months ago, my husband and I rearranged our living room. We really just moved the couch away from the wall and moved the coffee table out, replacing it with an ottoman. (I wish it were the type of ottoman with storage inside, but it isn't.) I wanted to make new pillows and covers to replace these pillows which I made two years ago.
I used some fabric I had in my stash. My husband thought the deer heads were a strange choice, but I assured him they are trendy.
I've been accumulating some frames from thrifting that I've used to put photos in around the house.
I've spray-painted many of them black.
The mirrors were also thrift store finds. $1 each!
I made the bike print myself, with a stencil from provided to me by Stencil1. I received no compensation for the review--I loved the stencil. It was much easier to use than cutting a freezer paper stencil myself. This was quite awhile ago, so I'm not sure they have the bike stencil available at this time, but they have other patterns. I encourage you to check out their site.
Also notable, my husband finished our mantle for over the fireplace.
It worked out well. Obviously, I have some decorating to do, but this is the initial decorations. I intend to hang the black frames on the walls, though.
They were more $1 finds that I spray-painted.
And this is how my living rom usually looks. Worse than this, actually, but lately it looks like we have nomads living there.
Another shot of the pillows. I used bed pillows again as the forms. They seem a bit flat, flatter than the last set. I might have to try them again.