Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bright Blue Gingham-Lined Hoodie

This cute little hoodie is for my littlest guy. It took me forever to make and finish. But it fits perfectly (not much room to grow…) and he looks extremely adorable while wearing it.

gingham baby hoodie


I drafted my pattern based on a hoodie—similar to what I did for this child’s bathrobe. I lined the sleeves and added button tab cuffs on the sleeves.

I constructed it the same way I did the child’s bathrobe tutorial.

2014-09-16 16.00.08

I added the button cuffs because three months ago, when I cut out the hoodie, I thought it would be way too large and wanted to make the sleeves adjustable. It isn’t too large, so the button cuffs are just a decoration.

  2014-09-16 15.44.33

I added the hanger to the neck so we could hang it on a hook. It looks cute, too. And it holds the lining to the exterior of the hoodie.

2014-09-16 16.00.16

I did button holes. I was really nervous that I might ruin it, but they turned out well enough. I’ve never really done button holes on a garment. I did them manually; I have a button hole foot on my sewing machine but I don’t actually know how to use it.

And sewing. Sewing. I love the idea of sewing wardrobes for one’s children. I love seeing what other women make for their kids. But I just haven’t had the time to devote to sewing much right now for my own kids (or myself).

But someday, I don’t think I’ll look back on this time with little kids and wish I’d spent more time sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!