Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Making a Flower Arrangement

We're currently in the process of selling our home. We have had two open houses and three showings. In about seven weeks. That's it. So I tried to do everything I could think of to make it more appealing to potential buyers. While we cleared clutter and put away pictures, I didn't want to make our home seem impersonal or uninviting.

So we bought a fake plant. Also, I wanted a flower arrangement or something for the living room's coffee table. I'm not one usually into flower arrangements...but I decided to make an exception. I didn't want to spend much money. So for $11.75, I made this:
I went to Pat Catan's, a wonderful craft store, and found these things: a tin rectangular bucket, $1 fake flowers (I bought 5 bunches) and a foam brick to hold it all together.
To start, I cut the flowers from their bunches (leaving 4-5" of stem) with wire cutters.
Then my wire cutters got jammed. I guess they're not so great.
Luckily, this was the set of tools my husband allotted me for crafting use, so he won't be upset they are now kaput.

Then I poked the remaining stem into the foam brick. This should be done with the brick inside the container so one knows how far the blooms should protrude. Live and learn.
I tried to make things symmetrical.

I think it looks good. It isn't too "floral-y" for me!

1 comment:

  1. its really looking cute...keep it up your smart blog...

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!