I got out baby clothes a week or so ago in preparation for our new baby, coming in September. And I found that many of the clothes had stains on them. Terrible stains. Some I just made into rags. But some of them, especially the solid white onesies, I decided to try and salvage. That means that the last few days, I’ve been experimenting with fabric dye. Messy? A little bit. But I followed the instructions found here.
And I did some freezer paper stencils. Since we don’t know if we’re having a boy or a girl, I did some gender-neutral designs and colors. I have two boys already, so I *may* lean more toward boyish colors and designs, but I think I could add bows to any of the animals on these onesies to chick-ify them if necessary.
A little closer look. You can see that the fabric dye turned out a bit splotchy. I’m not convinced they are colorfast. We’ll see. I will try to remember to wash them alone the first few times through the laundry.
Places I have linked:
Or So She Says, Train to Crazy, Tater tots & Jello, Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, Reasons to Skip the Housework, The 36th Avenue, House of Hepworths, Someday Crafts, Southern Lovely, 504 Main,Serenity Now, Fingerprints on the Fridge, I heart NapTime, Classy Clutter, A Glimpse Inside, Somewhat Simple, Gingerly Made, Serenity Now, Today's Creative Blog, The Winthrop Chronicles, Home Stories A to Z, CraftyScrappyHappy