Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Filling Muffins

pumpkin pie filling muffins (11

I bought two large cans of pumpkin pie filling around Thanksgiving. I was supposed to buy plain canned pumpkin. Oops. I decided to find a pumpkin muffin recipe to make using the filling.
I couldn’t find one that called for pumpkin pie filling. They all required plain canned pumpkin. So I had to adapt a recipe to use the pumpkin pie filling.

Maybe you bought the wrong canned pumpkin product, too? Try these muffins. They’re really good.

Pumpkin Pie Filling Muffins (24 muffins)
1/2 cup oil (I used Canola but prefer to use Coconut Oil for baking)
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 can of pumpkin pie filling (3 cups)
3 cups flour
4 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 cup raisins
Mix the oil and eggs together in a large bowl. Add sugar and pumpkin pie filling and mix well.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl and mix. Add to wet ingredients and stir just to combine. Add raisins.
Fill muffin cups nearly full (you can use muffin papers or just grease the muffin tins.) 
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!