Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Growing Herbs

This is a basil plant:

I'm going to start growing basil and try not to buy it at the store anymore. Then, I might try growing all my own herbs. So much less expensive. For example, this cilantro cost $1.99 at Giant Eagle and doesn't even look all that fresh:


I could probably buy a whole cilantro plant for $4.99 somewhere. I've also heard that herbs don't die off over the winter and they'll grow again for summer, so no need to repurchase and replant!

2 comments:

  1. They sell herbs and veggie plants at the Crocker Park farmer's market on Saturdays 9-1. You should check it out. They also sell chicken there.

    http://www.northunionfarmersmarket.org/markets/crocker.html

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!