Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Peach French Toast Casserole

A friend of mine baked this yesterday and it was SO YUMMY. She says it was from her healthy cookbook! My little guy liked eating it, too. I'll be making it this weekend!

Ingredients:
1 large whole wheat baguette
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
1 cup Skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 T brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
5 cups peaches, fresh or frozen, but we will be using canned.

Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Cut the baguette into 1/2-inch slices and arrange the slices in a single layer in the baking pan. Beat the eggs, egg whites, milk and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the bread in the pan.

In a medium bowl, toss peaches with 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar. Arrange peaches evenly on top of the bread. Combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover and bake for 40 minutes.

I think this is a frugal recipe. It doesn't require any special or expensive ingredients (I purchased a baguette today at the grocery store for around $2.) It will feed a bunch of people! Very spring or summer themed, too.

I am in a MOPS group (if you're a "Mother Of Pre-Schooler(s)" you simply must find a MOPS group!) and we often need to bring breakfast items for our meetings. I am keeping this recipe in mind for my next assigned breakfast day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!