Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Embellished T-Shirt with Ruched Sides

I've had this plain white t-shirt from Target for a long time. It is a bigger size than I wear and was only about $4. So I bought it and wore it a few times. But it needed to be improved. I decided to do some experimentation on it and I love how it turned out!

First, I added the flowers. (I got the idea from this blog post for the flowers.) I cut circles from scraps of a pink t-shirt I had used for some other projects. I sewed them on with straight stitches.
To make the shirt fit better, I wanted to do some ruching to the sides. I did it the same way as this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the ruching is a great idea! And the flowers are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting this! now i need to go find a top!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!