It took me forever to actually finish this shirt. It isn't that the pattern is difficult, but I was unsure how it would actually fit, so I was a little slow at getting it put together. It's also pink, and I finished it up right after Christmas, so I wasn't in a hurry to actually wear it (till now! Pink is perfect for February!)
I used new fabric (instead of up cycling old t-shirts or something), so I really wanted it to fit well. I wasn't sure why I had purchased this fabric in the first place, but now I know.
I cut a size small, the hood seemed huge, and I didn't have enough fabric for long sleeves. So I cut 3/4 length sleeves, decided to line the hood with flannel fabric and finally finished up. I really like the finished product! I wish I had cut the extra small, though since it is a little big big through the armpits.
And maybe I should have pressed the waistband better.
But I love the hood. I really love hoodies with lined hoods. This fabric wasn't bulky enough to be left unlined. Without the lining, I do not think I would have been excited about this garment.
I just used a length of t-shirt yarn for the hood's drawstring. I may add actual cording now that I know I really like the garment.
I finished this up a few weeks ago. My sewing machine had to take a trip to the shop due to skipping stitches. Once it came home, I was able to finish up a few projects and resolve to do "One Project at a Time".