I had purchased the polo shirts last year with the intention of making more PJ shorts (I made a bunch last summer, see here, here, here, here, and even made them into pants here).
I completed these several months ago, but hadn't gotten a photo. I made the waist a little larger since using the pre-existing seams on the shirt eliminates the seam allowance. I used the existing hems on the polo shirts which left cute little vents at the leg openings. It also made them a little longer for my long-legged boys.
Only one pair has pockets. It was simple to eliminate the pockets from the pattern. I recommend this pattern if you are looking for a fun and easy pattern for kids' shorts. I also highly recommend using existing knit t-shirts or polo shirts as a fabric source! They are less expensive and available in so many fun colors.