Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

T-Shirt Update: Bicycle

I am on an upcycling kick.
What I actually mean: the clothes I have stored in our linen closet with the intent to upcycle tumble out on me every time I open the closet. So I have to get started on these projects!
If you are also interested in repurposing clothing, upcycling the worn out shirts, jeans, etc you have been saving, or just making things without spending money, you’re going to love the next few weeks of posts here on Monkey See, Monkey Do! You've already seen the tunic refashion I shared last week. 


I’ve made some bike t-shirts for my boys and for my husband in the past. I also like biking and I had this pink shirt that had some tiny holes in it (no clue why, but I guess it shows how much I like it!)

The arrows are pointing to the tiny holes. I used the same technique for reverse freezer paper stenciling that I used for this bike bag.  I used some Martha Stewart craft paint I had around and mixed it with a fabric medium. Then I stenciled the bike onto a scrap of gray knit fabric, let it dry, and sewed it to the shirt's front.

I’m sure I’ll wear it when the weather gets warmer!

9 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I neeeeeed to make this!! My husband races bikes, and I will look super cool wearing something like this to his races! Ok, I won't look cool at all . . . I rarely look cool. But the shirt will be a huge step in the right direction :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bike!!! awesome! thanks for linking up to I spy{re}fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute shirt! Great job!
    Visiting from Shine On Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! You're so creative at upcycling. Sure saves a lot of money! Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!