Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Upcycled Chevron Purse

chevron purse  (2)
I made this little bag using the Buttercup Bag Tutorial at Made By Rae.
I haven’t purchased any of her patterns yet, but I know if I had a serger I would have to try the Washi Dress.

  chevron purse  (5)


Also, if her Flashback Tee pattern came in an adult size, I would totally try making it.
chevron purse  (3)

But anyway, this bag was easy to make. I used a small scrap of chevron fabric I had left over from making the bias tape for my refashioned skirt for the front. I also made some piping! For the back, I used some leftover linen fabric from the refashioned skirt.
chevron purse  (6)

And for the lining, I used some fabric left from a pair of my husband’s khakis.
chevron purse  (10)

It is pretty small; my wallet may not fit, but for church or a short outing it will be cute to carry.

13 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! Very pretty and now I want one for me :)

    Have a great day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse if adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the patterns (the fabric and the style)! You did a great job on this. I wish my sewing skill were up to this level :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the colors on the patterns you used. It looks store bought. Good job! :) Visiting from Gingersnap Crafts.

    ~Emily @ Texas Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great upcycle! I'd love it if you stopped by and linked up at Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays at A Jennuine Life. http://www.ajennuinelife.com/2013/01/thrifty-to-nifty-thursdays-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love that it's all made from leftovers and scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I found you at The Fun in Functional Link Party-- thanks for sharing this cute bag with us!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Buttercup bag! I just found you on the Craftionary Link party. I also posted a bag tutorial. Janelle at emmalinebags.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! I really love it ;) I found you on The train to to crazy "wear it make it" linky ;)
    Bisous from Paris

    http://ellecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!!Love the colors of fabric you used! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!