Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sleepy Bunny Bib

bunny bib (9.1)
I made this bib as a gift for a cousin on my husband’s side who is due with a baby at the beginning of April! It is a refashion project as well….I’ll let you know how at the end.

I got this adorable bunny applique pattern from Make it Perfect. The blog’s author has a book and a whole line of patterns. I have not worked much with appliques, but this turned out to be fun.



bunny bib (5)

I used the same bib pattern & tutorial I used a long time ago found here.

bunny bib (6)

But I added a snap this time instead of the velcro. Snaps are way better!

And the back of this bib is made from a pair of khaki pants my husband has worn out. They were in my refashion stash that kept falling out on me.
bunny bib (7)

Here's a picture of the whole gift. It includes a mooshy belly bunny (which I've made before) and an owl hat. My husband was poking fun at the 'sleeping' owl hat, but I told him it's given with my good wishes that the baby sleep well.

5 comments:

  1. How adorable! Love the bunny aplication!Thanks so much for sharing pattern!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively darling! That's a keeper for sure!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable bib! And the owl hat is cute too!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling! I love making presents for new babies. Thanks so much for sharing this at my link party :)

    Marissa @ Rae Gun Ramblings

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!