Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Freezer Paper Stenciled T-Shirt Sleeve Pouches with PLAID Paints

IMG_3770I came up with a new way to decorate drawstring pouches made from old t-shirts. (To sew the pouch, see the tutorial I posted here.)

**Regarding the original tutorial to make the pouches, I thought of a time-saving tip. When making the drawstring, use t-shirt yarn (tutorial to make your own here) instead of sewing tubes of scraps and then turning them.**IMG_3767

Anyway, to do the stenciling, assemble your freezer paper stenciling supplies. You do not need to use 'special' fabric paint. I used PLAID acrylic paint and it works fine for fabric.

IMG_3756

My tutorial for freezer paper stenciling is found here.

I used small paper punches to make my stencils (a butterfly and a star).

I laid out my scraps and waited for the stencils to dry before sewing everything together.

IMG_3757 IMG_3758

The very last step is to use a hot iron to set the paint. That way if you need to wash the pouch, the paint won't run.

I really love how they turned out. They are super easy and practically free to make! They make great storage for the zillions of tiny pieces that come with toys.

IMG_3769 IMG_3771

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! I love repurposing. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! We look forward to what you will share next week.

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!