Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Grilled Spinach Pizza

spinach pizza on grill

One thing that my husband and I like to make in the summer is grilled pizza. Unique? We think so. I posted about making basic pizza on the grill a few years ago here.



This year, we are members of a CSA (community supported agriculture). That means we buy a share of a farm for the season and they give us the in-season produce they grow or raise. Usually the produce items are vegetables, but can be other crops like fruit, eggs, or honey as well.

Right now, we have LOADS of greens. Including spinach. One of the recipes the CSA suggested is spinach pizza. We have made it twice at this point and consider it a tasty way to enjoy spinach. I like it because it requires ingredients I usually have in the house.

Want to try it? Here’s how to make the spinach topping:
1 onion, chopped
2 T olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
2 cups fresh chopped spinach
salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes until tender. Reduce heat slightly. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Season with salt and papper.

Top your pizza dough with spinach and cheese (they suggested feta, I used mozzarella since that is what we had on hand). I put the spinach topping on top of the pizza sauce. And I had a little extra. This is one of those recipes you don’t really need to measure…the quantities listed are just suggestions!

You can bake the pizza in the oven. I usually bake the crust first for about 8 minutes at 450 degrees and then add the toppings and cheese. Or follow my tutorial on making grilled pizza. You can’t go wrong.
spinach pizza on grill (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!