Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Hoodie Vest with Fire Truck Applique

fire truck vest (5.1)

I finally finished a sewing project! (It's been awhile.) I’ve been working on this Aztec Hoodie vest. I shared a few weeks ago that I’d been asked to test the hoodie pattern in size 2T for Kate over at See Kate Sew. So I'd already made one for our littlest (soon to be middle) child.



I knew I wanted to make one for our oldest son and found the navy blue jersey fabric in the remnant bin. There was just enough for the hoodie (and enough that I could re-do the pockets after I sewed them incorrectly the first time). The inner gray fabric is harvested from a few t-shirts my husband and I donated to the cause.

fire truck vest (3.1)

Our dear four year-old is extremely tall for his age, so I cut a 4 in all dimensions except the length. I cut a 6 for that measurment. And I like how it fits.

Here’s a close-up of the applique. I posted some tips on machine applique a few months back.

fire truck vest (15)

I was hoping he’d like this vest…he adores fire trucks (and all rescue workers). In fact, he’s been wearing a fleece fire truck sweatshirt he received this winter for the past few weeks despite humid, hot weather. He’s also been wearing the fire truck shorts I made him last year which are quickly becoming too small.

Actually, they are too small. But he hasn’t ripped the seat out of them yet.

So anyway, that’s what I’ve been sewing lately.

Fire truck attire. I think he’ll have me making a paramedic uniform next.


Places I have linked:
Or So She SaysTrain to CrazyTater tots & Jello Merry Messy Life, Sugar Bee CraftsReasons to Skip the Housework,  The 36th Avenue, House of HepworthsSomeday CraftsSouthern Lovely504 Main,Serenity Now,  Fingerprints on the FridgeI heart NapTime, Classy ClutterA Glimpse Inside, Somewhat SimpleGingerly MadeSerenity NowToday's Creative BlogThe Winthrop ChroniclesHome Stories A to ZCraftyScrappyHappy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!