Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Wonders of Baking Soda

I bought 13.5 pounds of baking soda last time I was at Sam's Club. A friend questioned this move...but one can do some impressive things with baking soda (I think it could be also called calcium carbonate...?)

Anyway, here are a few ways I plan to use my 13.5 pounds of baking soda:

~Baby Care: for diaper rashes, try puting 2 teaspoons of baking soda into lukewarm bathwater.

~Easiest way to clean the toilet: Add a cup of baking soda to the toilet bowl. Wait an hour. Flush. This is far safer than buying commercial toilet bowl cleaner and keeping it in the bathroom. That stuff often contains hydrochloric acid.

~I hate that ‘fishy’ smell from raw fish. Marinate the offending fish in baking soda and water for an hour.

~Dental care: soak your retainer in a glass of water with 2 teaspoons of baking soda dissolved into the water. You can also brush with baking soda. It is a natural whitener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!