Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finishing the Unfinishable

Do you ever start a project (sewing? home improvement? crafting? cooking?) and then deem it 'unfinishable'? Sometimes this happens to me. I have a very hard time with final seams or topstitching for sewing projects. This may stem from impatience. As a result, I have a variety of projects I have just not finished sitting in my fabric box. Sometimes I end up cutting them up to use for other projects. Or sometimes I just try and forget about them and feel sad when I see them!

This weekend, I wanted to start a new project. I don't really want to buy any supplies, though, being my frugal self. (I am thinking I may need to buy grommet pliers to make a few projects I have in mind...) So, I decided to pull out a few of my problematic projects and try to fix them. (ie ripping seams...or troubleshooting!) I'll hopefully have some pictures and tutorials next week!

In the meantime, here's information on rescuing your t-shirts (which can provide great project starters!) from grime and sweat:

How can the smells and stains from the underarms be removed from t-shirts?
Try this:

1) Mix 4-5 teaspoons of baking soda with 1/4 cup water. Rub it into the shirt; allow it to dry.
2) Fill a sink with water and 2 tablespoons of salt and soak it overnight. Rinse and then spray the shirt with vinegar from a spray bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!