Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simple Fabric Cuff Bracelet Tutorial

This is a great project to try if you have a small scrap of great fabric sitting around. Also, if you wanted to practice your button hole making skills, this is for you!
Start with a piece of fabric. Mine was 3 1/8" x 10". I used some interfacing. I have no idea what kind of how large (it was smaller than the fabric!)

I folded the fabric with right sides together and then put the interfacing on the wrong side. I pinned it together.
I sewed a tube out of the fabric, leaving one end open. I clipped the pointy corners and turned the tube so right sides were out.
After ironing the whole thing flat and making sure the open end's raw edges were pressed in, I top stitched around the whole piece. Then I made a button hole.
I hand-sewed on the button and was all done! I am thinking of adding more buttons for decoration. This is pretty plain.

2 comments:

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!