Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Handmade Placemats

handmade green placemats
A good friend of mine is getting married in a few weeks. I’m in her wedding. My oldest little guy is the ring bearer. It’s his first ring-bearing gig. That’ll be fun.
handmade white and green placemats
Anyway, her shower is coming up and I wanted to make her something. So I checked out her registry and saw that one of the things she is asking for a green apple KitchenAid Mixer

cutitout3

I saw this fabric and thought it would coordinate well. The fabric was purchased from Sew Fine Fabric, a seriously wonderful Etsy seller.

DIY Placemats

I used my Simple Placemat Tutorial to stitch up six placemats. I made them larger than the last set. These required nearly every bit of two yards of fabric.

IMG_5912
These placemats are going to be sort of hard to part with…I think they look pretty good on my table. I’m hoping my friend will love them. I paired them with some bamboo utensils and a green basket to make a fun shower gift.
IMG_5915

12 comments:

  1. I bet your friend just loves them! They look great with the bamboo utensils and with that amazing kitchen-aid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Too bad I didn't buy her the kitchen-aid as part of her gift!

      Delete
  2. Way cute, I love the green color! I'm glad you linked this up to The Fun In Functional, and I'm your newest follower now! (Why I wasn't a follower earlier, I have no idea. Brain fart I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! And her Kitchen Aid is awesome! Thanks for sharing at our Handmade Tuesdays party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color! They turned out really cute =O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! Love the color! How much bigger did you make them....your originals were 12x18 if I read that correctly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are more like 14" x 21" (before finishing the edges) so final size is about 13.5" x 20.5". (I say about b/c I'm not always all that accurate with seam allowances). I would never make a set as small as the 12x18" again. These were a much better size.

      Delete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous...the green is so fun {as is that mixer in the color}!! We were given placemats at our shower as well...and ten years later, I still have them & use them!! Would be super delighted if you could link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/06/mop-it-up-mondays-22.html.

    Have a great week!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!