Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Refashion a Too-Large Shirt with Shirring

I have way too many black shirts. Some of them fit better than others. Some of them are too big. Here is one example:shirring to improve the fit of a too-large shirt
So I just took some elastic thread and did a few rows of shirring.shirring to improve fit
It looks a lot better under a shrug. shirring to improve the fit of a too-large shirt with a shrugIMG_5657  IMG_5643 
Shirring is really easy. I shared some troubleshooting tips a few days ago. You should read them if you are having trouble..

5 comments:

  1. Really cute! I wish I knew how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons of tutorials out there. I have a Troubleshooting Tutorial here: http://monkeyseemonkeydo-jennifer.blogspot.com/2012/05/shirring-and-troubleshooting.html

      Try this tutorial to get started: http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/11/sewing-tip-shirringsmocking-with-elastic-thread.html

      Maybe you won't need the troubleshooting help!

      Delete
  2. Cute and great idea! I have some shirts I bought right after I gave birth that are too big now. Great way to make them work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great project! Link it up with me on my Wow Us Wednesday, ok? Over at www.familyhomeandlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!