Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Random Things & Lentil Soup.

Looking for the tutorial I just posted on making a tote bag?

In other news:
Lots of things have made me laugh this week. Which is great. Some funny things I want to tell you:
-I ordered nine [yes, 9] different pairs of boots. I really want a pair of brown ones. None of them fit. If I was on Instagram, I would show you a picture of the boxes stacked up by the door, waiting to go to the UPS store for return.  To three different websites. I have really narrow feet and the boots were all too wide. (Off topic, but have I mentioned that I don't even text? I know, I'm outnumbered!)
-I found a half of a peeled banana in the diaper bag. It had been there for about 3-4 weeks and somehow I had not noticed.
-Someone ended up getting poop on the [light colored] living room carpet. In just a few spots. It was a diaper malfunction. Good thing the little guy is so cute.
-I shattered a glass in the dishwasher and required shopvac-ing it out. I dislike getting the shopvac out of the garage. I think I should’ve just mounted it in the kitchen.
So I want to share an easy recipe that we had this week. It was super tasty and really easy to prepare. It is from a Healthy Cooking magazine. I slightly adapted it.

2 celery ribs, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped2 cloves minced garlic10 cups water1 bag (16 oz) dried lentils, rinsed4 small potatoes, peeled and sliced2 tsp salt1 tsp pepper

1. In a large stock pot, cook carrots, celery, onions & garlic for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in water, lentils, potatoes, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil for 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
We really liked this recipe. I made some bread and something else that didn’t turn out so well to go along with it.  I won’t be sharing the recipe for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!