Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Last Minute Easter Gift Tutorial

We're leaving today to drive from PA to Vermont to visit my husband's BFF & family for the weekend...so the last thing I have time to do today is sewing or crafts.

So I just made this (it's still wet, I was in a hurry to post this brief tutorial!):
I was doing some Easter basket shopping for our little boy (even though we're not big on the Easter Bunny) and got him a little 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" notebook at the dollar store. It was plain on the front and I decided it needed something cute. I wanted to add some
fabric.

Ideally I would've used fabric with a smaller print, but this was short notice crafting!

This is what you'll need:

1. Paint the modge podge onto the notebook's cover making sure to get all the edges.

2. Carefully place the fabric on top, making sure there are no bumps. Wait 10 minutes.

3. Cover the top with more modge podge. Wait 10 minutes.
3. After the top layer is dry, add a monogram (mine is a sticker). Cover with modge podge.

This turned out really well and only cost $1, since I had the materials in my stash. I think these could be easily mass-produced for favors at wedding showers or other events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!