Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Repurposed Flower Headband Tutorial

Do you want to make a flower headband from a t-shirt like I made here?

Start with two skinny rectangles 2" x 17" of t-shirt fabric. You'll need 4" of elastic.
Also, you'll need 8 small circles and 10 larger circles (we're going to be using the same tactic found here for the flowers).

Sew the two long rectangles with right sides together at the long sides to make a skinny tube. Turn the tube to right sides out with a safety pin.

Press the tube flat.

Add your 4" piece of elastic to the ends. As you add it, turn the raw edges under and pin in place.

Stitch the elastic securely into place.

Now you can make the flowers (using this tutorial) and then stitch them to the headband. I added them close together because they spread out a little bit when you wear the headband.

3 comments:

  1. Really cute flower headbands! Great tutorial too on flower making. I'll have to try it!
    shannonsews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! I love finding new projects to reuse my old t-shirts

    ReplyDelete

Spelling or grammar will not be criticized, so there's no reason not to leave me a comment!